kfx216

Sources for sofas and chairs - econimical and good quality?

kfx216
9 years ago
I have a challenge. To sell, I need to stage a house that is in NC and will need 2 sofas to do it plus 2 arm chairs. Once I sell this house, I will be building a house 500+ miles away.

I'm deciding whether to buy what appear to be cheap but cost effective sofas for looks only from a place like Overstock and then sell before I move. Or buy something better and be able to use them in my new house.

The current house is in an historic district and was built in 1936 although I've gutted and renovated the kitchen and added an entire second story. I need it to look modern and appealing to a young family, and my existing furniture (Art Deco loveseat and chairs with overstuffed arms and wood detail from 1920s) doesn't support that. In fact, I will sell my existing furniture since it won't work in my new house either.

Does anyone have sources for good furniture at economical prices? When I was renovating this house last spring, Houzzers gave me some excellent options for kitchen cabinets and lighting. I'm hoping to find similar sources for furniture. In my new house, I will have a large family room that will fit 2 sofas, so I can use good quality and coordinating sofas and chairs, if I can find them. But I don't want to spend $3000+ on furniture right now - I need to get my current house sold.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.