guta83

Gardening tips

guta83
Hello,
I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to gardening. I'd like to het started at designing my front garden. With flowers that would bloom in different times of the year so I can have a bit of colour most of the time
I live in Ireland and am looking to design something of a cottage garden.
My front garden is pretty much square with a walkway going across it so that it becomes one large triangle off to one side and another, smaller triangle to the other.
On the larger half I have 3 trees and the garden's surrounded bit a small wall. Very shady part.
On the smaller half there's only one very skinny tree so it gets most of the sun (whenever the sun is out, it is Ireland after all).
What would you recommend I plant in these areas. I would prefer small shrubs and ground cover to anything too big.