jcorn1

Advice on sliding glass door options, Pella?

J Corn
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Hi. Could someone tell me if I've put this in the right area of Houzz? We are considering a high end Pella sliding glass door, with blinds between the panes. I have a couple of concerns, though, and hope someone can provide input. I am trying to attach a photo of our style choice but it didn't upload the first time so I had to leave it in a comment below so see that for the photo of the style we're considering.

First, I was assured that the blinds (we choose a neutral color for ease in later resale of the house) would not get dusty or be a problem. Has this been true for those of you who have used Pella sliding doors? We'd really like to get the blinds option because curtains aggravate our allergies but I'd be bothered by looking at dusty blinds between the panes.

Also, we are not going with vinyl sliding glass doors because I think the Architect and Designer series seems more upscale and helps maintain or add to home value. Do buyers care about that as much as I'm assuming?

But most important: how happy have any of you been with Pella sliding glass doors? Thanks! This is a relatively expensive decision for us.

Comments (26)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.