galway07

Need help with Kitchen especially pelmet!

galway07
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I am trying to add to my existing kitchen which is in about 7 years (the maple wood has aged). I am adding two cabinets with stainless steel roller doors - one either side of the cooker hood. I need to add a pelmet to tie the whole look together. I`m putting 5 recessed lights into the pelmet over the window. On the advice of the electrician, I need to have about 4-5 inches of a gap between the top and bottom of pelmet to hide wires etc. I`m thinking of placing the pelmet right up to the ceiling. I`m not sure about the thickness, ot whether to add small cabinets over the window. Will the maple wood be ok? I have a black kickboard under the base cabinets, so this too could be an option. I`ve also a roman blind ordered to soften the look. All advice welcome!

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.