mark_rollins22

Arranging marble looking porcelain tiles with some pattern matching.

Mark Rollins
18 days ago
last modified: 18 days ago

After sorting my tiles, I found that out of 62 tiles, there were several that could be matched together with minimal or no discontinuity at the edge to form a seamless pair of tiles. Here is a photo of all my tiles with the bottom 2 rows showing matching pairs I discovered. Would it ever make design sense to incorporated these matching pairs into the final wall layout ?

Here's a close up of a couple:

And here is an example of how I could 'randomly' arrange them on a wall portion:

Does this make any design sense or should I go completely random ?

Secondary question. Does it make sense to arrange random tiles such that, like finding animals shapes in the clouds, shapes could appear in the tile veins ? Here's an example, and although random it kind of looks like a humanoid shooting a laser from its hand:

While laying out these tiles in my computer program, my OCD has seriously kicked in, so I need some help :). Thanks all.

Comments (11)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.