enembee

Layout/Reno help needed please

enembee
last month

Having struggled to start a family for several years, we embarked on our second and much larger house project by the sea to fill our lives with joy instead. Our plan was to do it up over time and have plenty space for friends and family come to stay regularly instead of hiring other holiday lets which we used to do. It's a 1900 Victorian holiday home and for decades has run as part of a hostel. Whilst in general working order, it's in dire need of a major overhaul to become a homely holiday let or home for us if we decide to stay.

Queue a little miracle pregnancy... whilst everything we had been dreaming of, we now find ourselves with a short deadline and limited budget (40-60k) to turn this place around!!!! We need to press 'go' with the builders in reconfiguring the kitchens, bathrooms and upstairs and baby brain has left me going in circles. Any help/advice/thoughts from you amazing houzzers would be gratefully welcomed! Thank you!

Notes - North West facing garden (SE facing front of house) with no direct sunshine hitting the house beyond the morning until the very back and side patio get evening light. Plumbing currently runs along the western length of the house and round to the patio/ex-conservatory area. Conservatory has been removed and concrete remains in place. Views of the sea from top floor. Ground floor hallways and kitchens are original victorian tiles on ground (currently covered in commercial rubber flooring) so no plumbing underneath possible.

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.