webuser_71660

small flat kitchen design - how to fit everything in?

Tani H-S
2 months ago

I'm also renovating a flat above us which will be a 2 bed (single and one double bedroom) and the kitchen will be in the living space.

The room is around 17' wide or so and I can get in enough seating and plan to put a peninsular as feel this would offer more kitchen worktop space and be space saving as a dining area.

Initially it will be a holiday let but long term it may be a rental. However I cannot fit a washing machine in as there just is not enough space but there is a nice laundrette ten mins walk away or 1 minute drive with parking. Plus it helps to stop tenants from drying clothes on the radiators as there definately won't be space for a tumble dryer unless they put one in the spare bedroom.

Anyway, so the most I will have is a friddge/freezer and a slimline dishwasher which I have to fit in.

I've done two mock ups -

1) one with the oven in the alcove:- would have a 400 unit to the left, 600 oven, awkward corner ie 1m unit with a 500 cupboard (maybe top drawer) but it's handy for larger cooking items. then 500 sink and 450 slimline dishwasher to the right. then the large F/F

2) oven in the centre (bonus you won't see the washing up and dirty plates in between dishwashing as they will be in the far corner!) means in the left alcove I would have the 500 sink, slimline dishwasher space, awkward corner cupboard, oven/hob then a slim maybe 300/400 unit. could have a drawer in or be a pullout.

If I have the oven in the centre, I will have to make the walkway at least 900 between that and the peninsular but if it's in the alcove, it can be 800mm so depends how much room in the lounge space there will be to move the peninsula over and also if I go deeper I can sit a person around the kitchen side during eating.

The bins would have to go under the peninsula.

I can add more wall cupboards but can anyone see any better ways of doing this layout at all?

I need seating for 4 persons at least.

Anything obvious I have missed? Any better layout perhaps?

thank you so much!! Got 4 kitchens to plan and the first one I did and bought I have to alter it again so want to make sure i get it right, haha

(approx space size is around 265 wid x 165 in the alcove. The stud walls are just being put up today so will have more accurate sizes shortly.

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.