webuser_505778788

Downstairs layout - advice much appreciated

HU-505778788
2 months ago

Good morning,
I'd really appreciate some advice about our downstairs layout.
We have an attached garage to the side of the house we would like to convert to living space. The boundary of this is linked to next door and on the boundary line.
We'd like to add a large porch in front of the garage to reduce the external offset and create a front facing entrance. I'm unsure how close to the boundary we can take this. The house lacks kerb appeal and I'm hoping this will help.
Internally, we'd like to achieve a large kitchen diner, ideally with an island and family space. We'd like to create space for a ulitily room and garden room and/ or home office. Ideally we'd like to be able to look out to the back of the house as this is where the garden space is. Rear of house is north facing and can be dark.
We could extend the rear of the house by a couple of meters to make the kitchen and dining space larger, but unsure if this is an unessessary expense.
Would welcome ideas about how best to use the existing floor plan and/ or what options extending a little to the rear would add. We've been mulling over our options for a while now and feel like we haven't hit on something that works and flows. Any advice much appreciated

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.