webuser_307876750

New kitchen - knock through into office?

jamie windley
3 months ago

Hi, this is our current downstairs floorplan (excl. Living room). We are looking to get a new kitchen and contemplating going into the Study to give us some extra space.

The downside to this is I work from home so we'd need to likely build a shed/office in the garden, or me to use the guest bedroom (but, we have family staying a couple of nights a week)

Thoughts please? Would we gain a lot of benefit from going into the Study?

There is currently a circular dining table seating 6 people in the dining area. We have always liked the idea of a kitchen/diner/snug that could have a TV so the kids could use that while the adults use the main living room TV. However, even with going into the Study I don't think that would give enough room for that. I think the awkwardness revolves around the doors (so the dining table can't go against a wall for example), and we wouldn't want to do major structural work such as moving doors in brick walls if we can help it.

Perhaps we could also move the wall from one side of the WC to the other and then have the WC off the kitchen. This could give more options. However, this is a structural wall, so adds to the complexity for perhaps little gain.

Which professional should we engage to help us plan this out? And how much might this might cost? Many thanks in advance

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.