webuser_953609972

Dilemma with new kitchen/dining/island layout

Rhys G
3 months ago

Hi all

I would really appreciate some advice on our kitchen/dining room layout and if there is room for an island. See attached the plan below. The kitchen width is around 3m and the length is around 7.7m. The space off to the right is the living room which in turn has access to hallway/front door. The patio doors are going to be 4m bi-folds but we can move them along that exterior wall as they've not gone in yet (just small patio doors in at the moment). I'm guessing that an island cannot be less then 800mm in width with some seating and that means we wouldnt be able to fit counter units either side due to clerance? I've tried to design on ikea planner but am really struggling to fit everything in (including washing machine and drier). Any advice on where to start would be very much appreciated.

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.