rosiehopehouse

floor plan program - recommendations please!

Rosie G
4 months ago

We have recently moved into a thatched grade 2 listed cottage in the countryside in Somerset. It’s gorgeous. There’s a huge inglenook fireplace with an open fire that essentially kicks out a lot of heat - straight up the chimney! The old Rayburn was removed (before we got here) and an unusual electric boiler put in, so the open fire is quite important in heating this house as the electric boiler is slow and eye-wateringly expensive.

We are tenants and our lovely landlord would like to put in a super-duper efficient multi-fuel stove. It would make a lot of sense from the preservation point of view as open fires with tenanted ancient buildings are a huge risk. It’s almost certainly going to need listed building consent as the chimney will need to be raised a bit (because of the thatched roof).

A floor plan is needed as part of the application and we wondered if we could assist by doing a measured plan - it’s a team effort between us, our landlord and the managing agent - any advice on what to use to produce this?

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.