zp2507

Living Room - Quick Surprise Makeover - Help/Advice needed

Zulf P
4 months ago

Hello,

Right the Mrs and the 3 wee kids are off to somewhere warm for 4/5 days over Xmas. I would normally laze around, watch the football and maybe hit the gym. However, this year I feel like giving our Living Room a little makeover and to surprise the family. Now this is not a full on makeover, I am trying to keep it simple.

1) The current wallpaper is too busy, I want to strip it off, put fresh new lining paper and then paint the walls a nice neutral colour but also child friendly. Any ideas would be great. I have zero exp.

2) The chimney wall has tiling in the brick effect, I am not a big fan but I also can't get rid of this. I will need to work around this and ensure this remains the main feature in the room. The gap where the fireplace used to be is bigger than normal, I need inspiration on what to do with this space, I was considering adding storage and shelving maybe or a bioethanol burner.

3) I will sand the doors, frames and skirting and re-apply some fresh paint (I was told eggshell is the best option).

4) I will paint the ceiling white and replace the current boring single bulb light with a ceiling light.

5) The carpet, sofa and blind will remain as they are. However, happy to maybe add a rug or some furniture but I need your help!!!

Thank you in advance, will post the pictures from my phone.

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.