jacksplash

Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room

jacksplash
last modified: 6 years ago
Hi all!
I have been working on my kitchen for a while now but would appreciate all your input to help me finish.My living room which is part of the kitchen could also do with some input.
Any suggestions for table and chairs,art for the walls and please let me know if my sofa cushions are a bit outdated, I have painted both rooms so won't be changing colour.Thanks in advance.

• Fred S
    Rule #8- make sure they do dishes before inviting them over to your houzz ;D
  • zazfuzzroc
    Or call your dishwasher chic to join. LOL ;D
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Related Discussions

Any ideas for final touches to this living/dinning room?

Q

The trim in your rooms is outstanding. To "tie the rooms together", the one thing I would do is install chair rail the same color as the existing trim. The horizontal lines of chair rail will move the eye around the room and into the next room creating a flow. Chair rail is relatively inexpensive, easy to install and would be wonderful compliment to your existing beautiful trim.
    ...See More

Need help with my living room please.

Q

Wow, I didn't expect so many responses, thank you so much for your time and ideas. I do know that the art is wrong but had to put something up from our last house while we settle in. I do find the fireplace a bit un-friendly and so I would consider changing the colour of it even just the border of it like one of the photos shows. I'm not keen on the small computer cabinet or the ladder shelving I have to admit. I was thinking more of putting 3 full width cherry wood shelves, bottom one being wider and desk height, changing the light fittings to down lights and maybe having a wallpaper or painted backdrop behind the shelves?? I realise I would have to get rid of or change the wallpaper on the other wall and change the curtains too. I take your point, many of you said it, about the curtains needing to fall straight, but I will need a wider pole to do that. Again many thanks, AnnaMarie ps we are in Ireland now but lived in australia for many years and that picture over the mantle is of an old aussie shed with moon light on it.
    ...See More

Need help with my L Shaped Living room

Q

Hi. The picture hasn't attached.
    ...See More

need light in my living room

Q

my kitchen is at the back and gets all day sun. the living room is at the front next to the kitchen so it never gets the sun .i am trying to bring sunshine through the kitchen to the living without making it completely open plan. its a two story house. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    ...See More
  • Fred S
    I'm not sure this kitchen thread is rated for that kind of talk!!! LOL
    jacksplash thanked Fred S
  • zazfuzzroc
    Sorry... :(
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • zazfuzzroc
    :b
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    Hi jack...
    For a moment ..
    I thought your thread
    had reopened ..
    Break all the rules
    As they were meant toooo
    Be broken ...
    With fun laughter smiles
    Oh and of course an up yours lol ..

Shame that we will not get picture updates ..
    We have Houzz toooo thank for that ...
  • jacksplash
    Lol,Lol, VG. you have such a good heart, cheering everyone on and never a mean word.
    I'm sure I speak for a lot of Houzzers when I say never leave us! Lol.
  • Margo
    OK- what did I miss??? Jacksplash?? I hope a few off remarks did not chase you away from your dilemma??
    jacksplash thanked Margo
  • zazfuzzroc
    Yep....that's what it was. They said we chit chat. Although, I've caught them doing the same???? Watcha gonna do? :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Margo
    If you only knew how many times I have been scolded, lol, for going *off topic*?? Who cares, nobody is paying Houzz for their dilemma and the people who offer advice need to have a little fun. Chit chat away, I say;))
    jacksplash thanked Margo
  • zazfuzzroc
    This is why I like you Margo! If you're working, you must add some fun in the mix. It's like leaving the sugar out of your cake if you don't. LOL ;)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Margo
    last modified: 6 years ago
    OK- here is where Vintage comes in with a poem on cakes and sugar and all things fun....take it away Vintage;))
    jacksplash thanked Margo
  • zazfuzzroc
    LOL :D
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Rescipe for Houzz cake

1...... A big pinch of Margo ..add more for taste
    2..A lot of Zaz
    3 kind words from Ali
    4....chit chat from jacks ...that's enough of that lol
    Not her fault we know ....
    5 ...Broken rule book ...
    6 .. Old classic dilemmas ..only the best will do ...
    7 ...Photoshoper who's name I've forgotten
    8 ... Some Pros for keeping us on track .
    They should be so lucky ...
    9... Lots of caring plenty of sharing
    10 .Add more laughter lol
    11. Funny pictures men ironing naked tooooo
    12 toooooo many Os

Find a large mixing bowl
    Throw in Margo
    lamp and all ..let's not forget the donkey ..
    Push in Zaz kicking and screaming
    Gag poor jacks not her fault we know ...
    Beat in the rule book ....
    Sprinkle in a classical dilemma
    Add some wishy washy water ..
    Mix up some granite
    bash
    With a Pro

Bake in the oven till you think your dilemmas over
    When done ..
    Sprinkle with lots of caring
    Let's not forget the laughter

And your fruit cake is done ..
    Oh no I'd forgotten the photoshoper
    Leave tooooo cool
    Eat quite fast ..
    As I am sure your want another...
    Addictive fruit cake we know ..
    jacksplash thanked Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
  • Margo
    Add a Vintage on top!!
    jacksplash thanked Margo
  • jacksplash
    @Margo. Scolded! yes I probably was!but hey as I says before it was a storm in a teacup, Lol. I think they said that serious designers had left the site! And honestly the Houzze team were not involved! I will probably post the end result in a few weeks when I'm done.
    Thanks for popping in.
  • jacksplash
    lol Vintage,I'm in stitches! How do you think them up.Brilliant I say.
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    I have a ghost writer ..
    She's called vintage jazz ...
    That's from the horses mouth ...
    Drawn by myself of course ...
    Thanks jacks
  • jacksplash
    Lovely eyelashes on that horse,wish mine were as long!
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    He got them from boots ..
    Or was it hooves ....
  • jacksplash
    Ahahaha.
  • everdebz
    last modified: 6 years ago
    @zaz and I forgot what exactly I agreed with -- but this morning -- I agree with VG's poem absolutely... and you know what? it gave me such a kick that I about cried, why? I had fun in my eye :))
  • zazfuzzroc
    Jazzy, you never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!!!! You're great. That was one of my favorites. :D
  • zazfuzzroc
    Hi jacks!!!! :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • jacksplash
    Hi Zaz,how's it going? Did you get your granite? Great poem by VJ for sure,how does she keep coming up with them!!!
  • zazfuzzroc
    Yeah jacks, I just got in a bit ago..... will post pictures soon. ;)
  • jacksplash
    Ok,I will pop over shortly and have a look,are you defo going for granite, or not decided yet?
  • zazfuzzroc
    who knows...depends on my mood. lol :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • jacksplash
    Missing your poems VJ, everything ok? Maybe your just busy? Hope you come back soon.)
  • zazfuzzroc
    Hi jacks, I agree! Where the heck is jazzy? I figured she'd be on by now. I miss joking with her already. :(
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • jacksplash
    It's not like her Zaz, I know we all have lives outside houzze though.probably just busy.
    This old post keeps reviving,but I just don't like asking questions on other people's posts, even though I know you don't mind Zaz.
  • zazfuzzroc
    Jacks, come on really....do what ever you want on my post. I really am glad to let you. :) Really, truthfully! I hope she's well. By the way, how's your son? :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • jacksplash
    Doing great Zaz,nearly fully healed,thanks for asking. Still waiting on granite? Or thinking of the travertine?
  • zazfuzzroc
    Glad to hear he's doing good. :) I heard from the guy and evidently he is having problems with the granite yard. He was supposed to be calling back to let me know??? Who knows...I'm real close to keeping the stupid wood....just to be done. LOL :) that's no joke. I am leaning towards travertine/marble....asked about that too. He said the papers said it was marble??
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • jacksplash
    I think your right to explore it,because you liked I think the idea of granite or stone from early on. If you keep the wood (I have to say I like it) I still think your kitchen is great,honestly. It's late here,I will pop in tomorrow to see how your getting on.Nite nite Zaz.
  • zazfuzzroc
    Goodnight jacks. Zzzzzzzz :)
  • zazfuzzroc
    Hi Jacks, How is your daughter and the baby? I hope all is well. I know you're busy. :) Congrats!
  • jenstnz
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Yes, ditto Zaz's comment:) -been thinking about you:) and btw I missed your reprimand on Zaz's dilemma:) Hope all is well!
  • zazfuzzroc
    Jacks, I hope you pop in soon. Hope all is well. :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • zazfuzzroc
    Okay Jacks, you have me worried for ya! I'm hoping to hear from you soon and see how your room is going. If I don't hear from you..... have a great holiday and a happy new year with your family. :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • zazfuzzroc
    Hi jacks, I see you were looking for me. Thanks. :) I hope you have a great new year and many, many more to come! You won't find my dilemma, someone from another thread reported it. It's not on the site anymore. I can see it if I sign in, but if I sign out it's gone. Probably better that way anyway. I have to give props to bluenan and groveraxle.....they were right..... in most situations chit chat is not too wise. :) I did enjoy getting to talk with you though. :) Have a good one jacks! C-ya! :) ✨
  • Ann
    Zaz, I'm seeing the Nashville thread again and someone posted on it this morning.
  • jacksplash
    What a pity Zaz,who will I pop into now!?and I'm definetely not opening this one lol
    Have a great new year and i will no doubt see you around houzze.
  • zazfuzzroc
    Hi jacks, just refreshed and saw your comment. Hey, that's life, right? Well, I believe it is active, but I requested it stay closed. I'll gladly answer if I see you. See you around. :)
    jacksplash thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    Hi jacks & Zaz
    Not sure what's been going on ..
    In the Houzz ...or why your dilemma Post has gone !!!
    Alone with the Nashville post in OTHER
    I just know ....that ....
    I am saddened by it !!!!
    As ....I am sure you are ....
    along with the many ...that posted in yours ....
    and in the OTHER post .....
    I guess that's life in cyber land
    You never know which way it will turn
    Or who or what will turn it ...

Oh talented one ...
    I know you will finish...
    Your kitchen ....(so kiddo get your A@£? Into gear..smiling as you do it )
    And YOU will be pleased with what YOU
    Accomplish.....have faith you can....
    And will do it alone without Houzz
    It will be fab ...
    I would ...
    like tooooooo wish you
    and jacks a Happy New Year 2015
    May it bring you all you wish and desire
    In real life .....
  • jacksplash
    Oh VJ,I don't know what has happened....I could not find Zaz on her dilemma yesterday...I did find her on another post though.it looks like I can't find her today either...This old post keeps getting revived though lol.
    Shes an artist so I know that kitchen is going to look great when she's done with it.
    Here's wishing you a very happy 2015 VJ.)):
  • zazfuzzroc
    Thanks to the both of you. I have no one to blame but myself. I became way too involved and voiced my opinion too much, although all the truth......but I feel I should have just walked away. I admire you jacks, you are a far better person than me. That's the truth. I wish you both the best. Honestly, I don't know what to say or where to say it anymore? Even if it seems right...it is wrong.
  • jacksplash
    I am Definetely no better than anyone Zaz. It's a new year and maybe best to forget about it all.
    You give good advice on Houzze IMO which is what people come on here looking for.
    I've learned that no one can hurt me when they are not my family,that's why I found it easy to walk away from my "dilemma".its just a design site albeit a very good one.
    I'm not sure what happened but if it was me I would just keep giving advice where it's needed.... Hope you finish your kitchen soon,it's going to be great.!
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Hi ...Zaz
    I am not sure what went on here in Houzz ....
    While I have been away ..(sneezing coughing sweating)
    Whatever it was
    Move on from it !!
    as best you can ...
    Otherwise these things eat away at you ...
    And being on a downer
    that's not good for anyone ..........including you ....
    You have a Talent truly you do
    Lots see it ......
    Even if you can't .......

So
    Put it toooooo good use
    If not for yourself ........
    Then for others so they might enjoy it
    Seeing others smile from
    Something you have done
    Is gift.... I know
    I love toooooo
    Give that gift of a smile .....
    Be it from writing or resisting my Poems
    Playing my little ukuele
    Painting

So dust yourself off there's work toooooooo be done :@)
    Get your a@£&
    In that kitchen ...
    Today is the start of a new
    and better year ......
    Of which only You
    Can make happen !!
  • zazfuzzroc

Hi Jacks, not sure if you still get notifications from this dilemma?? But I wanted to wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day! :) Hope all is well in Ireland! :)