richardromina_arefinjohnson

Different skirting board colours and handles in different rooms?

R Areson
4 months ago

So I have a dilemma. I purposefully wanted a brighter scheme downstairs compared to upstairs. Downstairs the skirting boards are an off white (slight pink/warm undertone) and doors are a neutral oak (not orangey, slightly warm but mostly neutral brown). Lighting and any metallic details are brass with white trims or glass.
Upstairs in the bedrooms on the other hand the scheme is darker, metal details are black (maybe with minimal brass here and there to tie in). Here's the dilemma... I need to paint doors and skirting boards and replace handles upstairs too... would it look OK if doors and skirting boards in the bedroom were painted black (with a black or brass handle) and the part of the door facing hallways would be in off white (maybe with dark handles to match up with the black switches).

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.