melissa_barnes255

Help me choose a bed for guest room

Dell123
9 years ago

I need to choose a bed for my guest room. I'll be finishing the painting this weekend (all the woodwork will be painted white) and then carpets will be laid at the end of the month. So I need to get cracking on choosing a bed!

The room is 9.58ft w x 13ft long (2.93m x 4m). I think a bed with a low end would be better to help make the room look larger. I also prefer a more modern style. I had been thinking of a timber bed, however a lot of the houzz photos of bedrooms with grey feature walls have upholstered bed heads so I got a fabric sample of an upholstered bed I found online I like. There are also two other similiar timber beds that I think are ok and another I love but is out of my price range :( I'll be using the colours from the duvet cover as my accent colours (cutains, cushions etc).

Please ignore the WIP paint job! It needs some tidying up.

This is the room...

With the carpet sample, cushion that matches the duvet and upholstered bed fabric sample (unfortunately the bed only comes in one fabric)

The upholstered bed. I'll put in the next post the other beds I like.

Comments (30)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.