webuser_832644014

Ideas for flooring please

HU-832644014
6 months ago

I have a large kitchen in very good condition so I am going to have the units painted. I’ve got the exact colour match of new (IKEA) units I added last year. The blue/green colour in the photo.

The floor as you can see is tiled. It is cracked and I dislike the amount of grout lines.

I was hoping to have very large square (600 X 600) white polished floor tiles laid. However the highly recommended company have advised against a tiled floor as the original floor would need to be taken up.

I’ve investigated other options, but I dislike those suggested (amtico etc).

I’ve lived here since it was built, 26+ years ago. It’s not a good time to sell, even though it is a high spec build in the best road.

I don’t expect to live here more than another 5 years max. I’m going to have all surfaces, walls, doors, ceilings and wardrobes repainted, new door handles etc and I want the finish to be elegant and chic. I had a new wooden floor fitted throughout last year - it’s a huge flat.

I’m aware of microcement but I’m expecting that to be very expensive, plus I don’t think the finish is going to be what I’m looking for.

If I was planning to remain here I’d bite the bullet and go for the gloss tiles.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.