webuser_603648882

Kitchen sink central to window?

9 months ago

Howdens are designing our kitchen (attached), would the sink being off centre with the window drive you crazy? It took me a while to notice but now that I have it's all I can see. I wondered if a Belfast sink drainer like the attached image would help trick the eye into seeing it a bit more centrally but I think I might be clutching at straws, wild you insist on moving the cabinets around until it's centred? I think moving the narrower (30cm) unit from next to the oven to the other side of the sink would put the sink in around the right place, but that would leave the dishwasher right next to the oven, would that be ok (with a suitable gap)? It might make the worktop space less usable but we will have an island too.
The Rangemaster in the plan is 90cm but we could upgrade to 100 or 110cm.
Also the two wall units around the window are different sizes and the gap around the window isn't symmetrical, is this one of those things that looks obvious on the plan but blends in once everything is tiled and styled up, or would it be really annoying? We're planning white metro tiles. The top left corner cabinet will house our boiler. It looks like making the window slightly wider would probably solve both issues but that isn't really an option for us.
I've looked at it so much that I've completely lost perspective so any outsider opinions or ideas would be great. I won't be offended, we didn't design it and it's a work in progress (we're not having the floor level strip lights. I know oak worktops are controversial but I'm afraid they're staying!)
Out of sight the wall on the right goes into an integrated fridge freezer and full height larder pantry cupboard, for reference, and there's an island in the middle.
I'm not super obsessed with perfect symmetry but I do want it to look nice!
Thank you in advance for any input

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.