shelley_sabagh

Wood burner - air vent?

Louise Davis
10 months ago

We completed on a new build in November last year. Since then some of our neighbours have had air bricks installed in their lounges with wood burners as they were concerned about insurance/safety/selling on. I found this out on the grapevine but on questioning our builder he said the air brick is not necessary due to the size of our burner (5kw) and the room (4760×3863). The builder claimed that the plots who requested air bricks to be installed wanted to increase the heat the burner will achieve. He advised that an airbrick in our lounge will cause a draught in the room on a windy/cold day, and he recommended we dont need it.
I don't know what to believe! Online it seems to say any new build with a burner of at least 5kw. Any thoughts?

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.