emersideas

Heating for a new build, advice needed

emersideas
8 years ago
I come to the part of my build were I have to make a decision on how to heat it ! So far my spec for insulation in my 2200 sq ft house is ..

A larger 150 mm cavity with higher amount of insulation (not sure I think 130mm), walls are going to be dry lined and extra insulation is going into the attic. The Windows are going be tribal glazed with the higher spec of insulation. Under floor heating upstairs and down.

Now I've to make a decision on how to heat it !! Have I enough insulation that an oil boiler would be fine or should I go for geothermal or air to heat ? I don't have room for a wood chip burner even though they have become more compact.. I've heard such horror story's of electric bills with the "air to heat" but my house isn't to massive.

If anyone has had any experience with these systems can you tell me about them. I did go to a building show and they all sound brilliant but the they are all trying to sell a product! Thank you

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.