antchristie

Bedrooms & en-suite layout planning

antchristie
10 months ago

Hello, we're looking for a little advice on how to layout our new main bedroom/en-suite and spare bedroom space, we're currently at the point where the builders are constructing the roof, so all window openings etc are fixed, but internal stud walls e.g. ensuite can be played with.

In hindsight we wish we'd made the main bedroom a little more spacious but we are a little hemmed in by the en-suite window.

Couple of questions really:

1. Given the layouts below, how would you layout the main bedroom to accommodate bed, decent wardrobe space etc. Where/how would you place key furniture items?

2. We're could make the main bedroom a little larger by moving/re-shaping the en-suite, we don't mind encroaching on the guest bedroom a little. Do you think this is worth considering? If so, any ideas?

My builder is also going it a think and we're due to have a chat soon, so keen to take some inspiration from you all!

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.