sophhannah

Noise issues with an internal window

sophhannah
11 months ago

Hello,

My flat has two internal sliding doors which look out from two upstairs bedrooms onto the main double height living space. There is a glass rail and then the sliding doors are on the outside walls of the rooms.

I love that I can look out from our bedroom through the big arched window to the street but the noise levels from the living areas to the bedrooms can be an issue.

I was researching how to improve this so someone can be in the living space but not disturbing people trying to sleep. Currently the noise carries and is quite limiting to how we can use the space.

I would love some creative input as I’m struggling to think of a stylish, practical solution to this.

I was considering adding an acoustic pocket door on the room side of the glass. Or even have windows and either fit a motor to the sliding doors or be able to open the top/middle and manually slide the doors.

But soundproofing is key.

The dimension of the two openings are (roughly)

Door 1: 149cm wide, 174cm height, 23cm wall thickness Door 2: 177.5cm wide, 177cm height, 12.5cm wall thickness

And I have attached a few photos.

Many thanks,
Sophie

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.