kevinmckeighley

Need Help with long sitting room.

kevinmckeighley
8 years ago

We are looking for advice / thoughts on the design of our house. Plans are below. we are looking to insert internal wall (where the green arrow points to.) into our long shaped sitting room to create a playroom and sitting room (2 kids under 2) that opens only to the kitchen.

There is a roof window in our new kitchen extension above the kitchen table but otherwise there will be no light going into the proposed playroom / office. in the new internal wall we are playing with the idea of a window at the top of the wall -something like below which will give natural light. The front of the house is east facing. The back gets little natural light until about 3pm in the afternoon.

1. Is it a good idea to block of this long sitting room or leave it open to the light ?

2. is the internal window a good idea to let the light in.

Any other thoughts / ideas feel free to let us know.

vacation rental W1 · More Info

Rokstone's Waterton - designed by idearchitecture · More Info

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.