sofiaela

Bought two bookshelves on either side of electric fireplace. Looks yuk

sofiaela
last year
last modified: last year

Hi, I bought two plain white bookshelves with legs, bottom cupboard doors, and top doors made of glass. The idea was to go on either side of an electric fireplace suite. It all looks really bad. Firstly, fireplace suite is an off cream but bookshelves are ice white. Secondly, booksheleves have legs. Should I scrap the whole idea, relocate bookshelves in other rooms or go ahead with the plan, cut bookshelf legs, and paint the fireplace as close a white as the bookshelves? The whole idea was to make an unused wall into a cosy and nice space. Help.

Update: We have now taken some of the advice, removed legs, painted fireplacer. still thinking of painting the wall a darker colour to contract with the white. But much better than before I think. Thanks all. xx

After:

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.