sonia_mardner

I am having my kitchen extended out and 3 /4 ways across.

Sonia Mardner
last year

The extension will be expansive. I really love dark wood flooring and this works well with my present deco throughout the rest of the house as I have an all white colonialish looking hallway. However, once the extension is done, I want to put a dark wood floor throughout the whole downstairs. but I have also set my mind on a charcoal to black kitchen. the kitchen area will be very large 31 foot x 21 foot at it's longest and widest points ('L' shaped). How can I make this combination work. I love dark and moody and i will have bifold doors all across the back but I'm still concerned it may look overwhelming. Any tips on how to best make a dark wood flooring and a dark kitchen work well together? I have a white kitchen presently and am over it. I really want a dark one now.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.