suay_anil

Your ideas for wall colour for open plan living room-kitchen?

Suay Anil
last year

Hi everyone! I am moving in to a new flat, and am very undecided about what paint I should choose for my walls. The room is a west facing, medium sized room (about 30m2) living room and open plan kitchen. Below are some photos of my space.

I went with RAL 9003 Signal White for my top kitchen cabinets and TV unit and skirtings (which have not been put in yet), and Dulux Woodland Pearl 4 is the green tone of my lower cabinets. The countertops in the kitchen are quartz, off-white. The room has oak accents (such as the separator, or shelves in the TV unit). The floors are grey (which were originally in the flat and I haven't been able to change them). Oak tones and green tones will be my secondary/tertiary colours from the looks of it; I'll be re-using oak in my dining area and green tones in accents, such as pillows, curtains etc.

What would you suggest for a wall paint for such a room? I'm thinking of going with either Dulux or Sherwin-Williams which are the two most available paints where I am staying. Keeping it pure white seems that the room might be a bit too white, so I am leaning more towards greys because of the floor. What types of grey would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.