red_setter101

Kitchen/Living/Dining Room Renovation - Ideas Needed!

Red Setter

Hi All,

I'm new here and looking for suggestions on what to do for renovation.

See Pictures with Main Challenges as follows;

1. Kitchen is North facing ( 1 Centre Window above sink) and Very Dark ( Lights on all Day) and we really need to get more natural light in. I'm considering 2 more windows on North wall ( 1 on East Side of existing & 1 x Long on West side+ making others a bit taller to get more light)

2. Dining Room (Conservatory) is rarely used and want to use more but find its to far from kitchen (9 meters) and we default to use table in kitchen instead.

3. Kitchen is Solid Oak ( 15year old) & needs upgrade changes and brightening- I'm considering new or changes & spraying what's left as its dark & top needs to be replaced.

4. Floors all need to be Re-Tiled.

Note the Following;

- House is Timber Frame construction inside so all walls internally are movable- Only solid wall is around door into dining room..

- "Lounge" is a Play room with No furniture.

- Sitting room is now an office and not used otherwise.

- House is 2 Storey construction so no option to bring light in from above.

- We are open to total revamp/moving walls/cutting windows etc. to get it right and make use of all spaces.

Interested to get some ideas as struggling to figure out a plan.

Thanks in Advance for ideas.

R

Comment (1)