sezzy_boy

Stained terracotta tiles - ideas how to fix?

Sarah Hunter
last year

We had terracotta tiles laid as part of our new kitchen renovation (Andalucia Rojo, from walls and floors). When first laid they looked fantastic - exactly as I wanted (see first photo from before the kitchen was installed).
However, after the kitchen was fitted they got covered up with plastic sheeting by the builders, the underfloor heating got turned on and condensation got under the plastic, so now they have dark stains in them (see second and third picture).
The tiles are laid over a mixture of concrete and suspended wood flooring, with underfloor heating.
Has anyone seen this before? Any idea how we might get it out? It's been washed, steamed, scrubbed with sealant remover (vile stuff that stank the house out). I'm totally stuck what to do other than try to find replacement tiles (the ones we had are discontinued).
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.