webuser_185922477

Transition, slope, reducer from thick rug to wood floor

HU-185922477
last year

I am planning to put down several large rugs with a very thick underlay to reduce the noise to flat below. Currently there are wooden floors that I do not want to damage. I am concerned with the transition from high rug to the lower wood floor regarding tripping and aesthetics of the height change. To resolve this I plan not to bring the underlay to the edge of the rug but to stop around 30cm from the edge and then use a wedge or reducer to slope the carpet down to floor level.

I have googled for such a product and although I see plenty on US sites I cannot find one to purchase in the UK. Can someone please help me locate this kind of product or suggest another solution. Thank you in advance.

Comments (7)

• Daisy England
    last year

What material is the wedge reducer made out of? You could ask a carpenter to make one out out of timber and either paint or stain it.

• Sonia
    last year

Sounds like a trip hazard even if it’s sloped. My OH seems to trip over my almost completely flat rug…….

• PRO
    Carla / kolours.space
    last year

Inderlayer does not need to be thicker and noise will still travel, maybe better to see underlay options

• PRO
    Carla / kolours.space
    last year

Can door open opposite direction?

• HU-185922477
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hi Carla, not sure what you mean the rug will higher due to the underlay so just looking to grade it to the floor with a reducer wwdge but can’t find them

• PRO
    Carla / kolours.space
    last year

Rug just in centre of room or kind of karpet up to door threshold?

• HU-185922477
    Original Author
    last year

Not upmto the door or walls

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.