soraya_hassanzadeh

Flooring Advice Please

Design Advice

I am currently renovating my first period property and I'm looking for some advice on flooring. I am starting to renovate both the hallway and the lounge first leaving the kitchen and dining room to next year.

My question is if i put herringbone flooring in the hallway and lounge and have different floor in the kitchen/dining room next year, would this look jarring? (see pic of hallway below and where it meets the kitchen, lounge to the left)

I've read that flooring should flow through the house however I dont really want herringbone in every single room and wanted to choose a different wood for the other rooms. Any advice would be much appreciated

Comment (1)