helabelalaw

Small bedroom colour advice please!

Bella
Currently I'm doing up an old cottage, and I need some advice on the colour scheme of the bedroom. This is a very grainy picture, I apologise, I must get around to taking some more clear ones!
This picture is taken from the door, my plan is to move the double bed in front of the window and loose the cabinets seen in the picture.. Was thinking of putting a small floating/corner shelf on either side of the bed instead of lockers, to keep floor space clear!
So taking into consideration the small size of the room and only one light source, I'm wondering about the colours!
My thought is the put a roller blind in the recess of the window, thinking navy as it's my favourite colour and dark enough to keep light out on sleep in days! Also I will loose the curtains to make room less cluttered! So on to the walls... What colour? If navy is suitable what should I do the walls? They are white now, but would like to warm them a bit.. Not sure what colour goes with navy as such.. Also should I match my bedding to the navy?
Any advice greatly appreciated, I'm a novice at this!