abbie_schranz

advice for a doer-upper

Abbie

I am off to a view a house on Wednesday. It’s a house that will need modernising in terms of re-fitting a kitchen and bathroom and “some remodelling”.

I had never considered a doer-upper but this house has a lot of potential - 2 large bedrooms, an upstairs bathroom, a downstairs wet room (that I have thought could be a utility/WC) and a generous sized garden that is well maintained. I do have friends/family in the trade business that could help me out.

The estate agents told me that the reason for sale was that the owner had passed away. All the rooms are unfurnished and all have the original floorboards.

I will be a solo buyer.
Please could I have your opinions based on the photos whether you think the house will be worth it or whether it’ll be too much work?

I appreciate it will be difficult to make a decision based on photos but any preparation before I view it would be really helpful!