webuser_221341259

Master suite layout

J Green
2 years ago

Hello

We are currently extending our house to include a new master suite.

After the work is complete, we will have a four bedroom house - the master suite plus three other doubles, and a family bathroom.

I’d appreciate thoughts on the best possible layout of the master suite. We’d like to have a feeling of luxury and space.

Some things to consider:

• How big should the en-suite and walk-in-wardrobe/dressing room be? The full room is 5.4m x 5.5m and we can play around with where the internal stud walls are.
  • We definitely want to make sure that the dressing room can accommodate all of our clothes. It will also need to include space for a radiator. It would be nice if it's big enough to get dressed in there, but it's not essential.
  • We want to make sure the en-suite feels spacious and not pokey, and we’re wondering whether we should include a double sink to give that extra feel of luxury?
  • Where should we position the door to the en-suite? Should we have a separate door to the en-suite, or go via the dressing room? It could be nice to step out of the en-suite, straight into the dressing room (rather than having to walk around the bed), but this means the dressing room would need to be big enough to accommodate one of us walking through, when the other person may be in there picking out clothing.
  • We’d like the main bedroom part to feel spacious and airy. But as we’ll have a walk in wardrobe/dressing room, we won’t have much furniture to put in the bedroom part, so don’t want this to be so big that it feels like empty/wasted space.
  • We're not set on having a walk in wardrobe / dressing room, if it works better to have the wardrobes in the same space as the bed.

Any thoughts on how best to lay out the master suite? I’ve attached two possible designs as a starter for ten. I've also attached the plan for the upstairs overall, so you can see that there's a little flex to move the door into the bedroom from the landing.

Any ideas would be very welcome. Thank you for your help.

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.