charlotte_parashchak

Render and window replacement advice!

Lottie P
3 years ago

We bought our home (near Manchester, built 1989) 3 years ago and knew we would at some point need (and want) to update the exterior, and we’re putting plans in place for this to happen this year. Underneath the mock Tudor is breeze blocks, so that will all be removed and we’re thinking of rendering the entire house and replacing the
windows.
The window frames we have currently are timber. We are being advised left right and centre to replace with upvc to emulate timber due to maintenance but we are really on the fence. In the past year we had a new rock front door with a side panel and I regret it, mainly because of the side panel - it looks chunky and cheap.
I love Georgian style windows with the bars and I’ve been looking at Residence 9, but we’ve got a joiner coming this week to discuss timber.
For the render we are thinking about Renduk in shade Pearl or something similar, with white windows in a Georgian style.
We’re keen to hear any thoughts or suggestions anyone may have! These are huge decisions and we don’t want to regret them.

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.