james_smith9413

Window cut-down

James Smith
3 years ago

Hi there

Looking for some advice if possible please. We are having a new front door fitted tomorrow and it will go where the existing porch door is in the picture. The porch was added after the house was built so the front door you see in the picture is on the original external wall of the house.

Our plan is to remove the current front door and the wall section below the window, make it good and then install an internal door with a glass panel sidelight, and our builder already started cutting it down as you can see in the image. However one thing I hadn’t really considered was the fact that it’s an external wall, and whether or not the section below the window is supporting anything. Are cut-downs like this OK? Would rather know before we go ahead and remove it! :D

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.