rosanna_stott

How wide should I go with Bi Fold doors and material

R S
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are creating a new dining room which will have bi folds in. The dining table (8 seats) so around 180-220cm (not yet bought) will sit in the centre of the new doors. Our builder has recommended going 2.5m with the doors. Though we could get away with up to 3m. Do you think we should go as big as possible? I presume it will be 3 paneled
He also suggest UPVC rather than aluminum with budget. Those with UPVC what are they like, are the frames too chunky?? Or do we stretch the budget and ensure they look better.
There will be a window next to it which would be white, would we want to match this? How much of gap between the two would look ok? This picture is what I am using to help plan the space as its very similar to what we are creating.
I have included current floor plan, but we are removing boiler and that middle wall to create one big space. The other thing there is a back door from kitchen on the other left hand wall

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.