webuser_544130032

Complementary kitchen island - would this work?

Sharon A
3 years ago

We want to add a kitchen island to our kitchen. We didn't design the current kitchen - it was like this when we moved in. We're having other work done, so don't have the budget to redo the whole kitchen, so we have to work with what we have.

Units are cream-coloured and shaker style, so easy to work with, but it's the counter top that is the problem. It's such a weird colour! I think it's something like Dekton - we've been here 5 years and have never managed to scratch or damage it in any way, which is brilliant, but I've never seen a similar colour. Even if I had, though, I wouldn't want to replicate it.

We are hoping to replicate the durability so are going with Dekton for the kitchen island surface. We can't match the current counter tops, so are thinking to go with a cream colour to kind of match the units, and then maybe a dark brown for island units. We don't think a pattern on the island would go well with the pattern on the current counters, so are trying to keep it fairly plain, although I don't want it to be completely plain. Also, I think we should have a glossy surface to match the current counters, but my husband likes the matte, better.

So, thoughts welcome. I have attached pictures of the current kitchen (island will go where the table is now, and will be a similar size (1m x 2m) and the counter top.

I have also attached a picture of the units we like, with 4 options for the countertop on top. Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments (24)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.