webuser_539558307

House extension

HU-539558307
3 years ago

We need some advice. We are planning to do a 5m long by 5.90m wide rear extension. We want an open plan L shaped  kitchen space. Originally we wanted to do a pitched roof but out surveyor recommended a flat roof with a lantern window (dimensions of the lantern window 3m by 2.5m). We are not convinced it is the best solution. We are worried that such a big lantern window will make the room very cold during winter time. Could you please recommend what is better in your opinion: a flat roof or pitched one, a lantern window or a rooflight? If a lantern window is good what size would you recommend to still keep the room warm?  Does anyone know what the percentage of extensions are done with a flat roof with a lantern window compared to a pitched one? Thank you for all your feedback.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.