frickshop

Kitchen window: opening upwards or shorter bifold

Steph
last year

Thinking of creating this opening in my kitchen window. Has anybody done this ? Does having the sink splash onto your window drive you mad?
Is the first image (upward opening) done in the UK? Is it gas straps?
Any window suppliers want to quote me for either option? We are in south London.
Last photo is of kitchen window as it is currently. Dimensions 232 x 100cm. I'm short so hate not being able to reach to open window or not seeing the kids in the garden properly.

• Emmanuelle
    last year

What a great idea! I know my kids would love eating at the outside counter in summer! I love it with folding window... the lift up ones might be too “caravan-ey” for me though...
    Yes, any window would get splashed a bit... but so would any splash back. It just shows more on windows. Just have a vinegar spray handy, to have a quick wipe when needed!

Origin - Doors and Windows
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hi Steph, We manufacture industry leading aluminium bi-folding windows. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

If you'd like to find your local Origin supplier you can do so here, they will be more than happy to assist you: https://origin-global.com/find-local-installer

• Steph
    last year

Thanks Origin. Do you make the first type of window? the one that opens upwards (or caravan-style as Emmanuelle aptly called it)?

Origin - Doors and Windows
    last year

We do also offer top hung windows which act in the same way as what you are after above as well as the bi-folding window. I'd recommend getting in touch with your local supplier as they can give you the relevant information regarding sizing and window types along with a free quote if required. We have some more images of bi-folding windows on our Instagram origin_global if you'd like to take a look. :)

• Rhian Mckenzie

Hi Steph, just wondering how you got on with this? I'm looking for the top hung type. Thank