wheezy11

Kitchen Design - units next to ovens

wheezy11
4 years ago

We have designed a beautiful (I hope!) kitchen to be installed later this year. It’s been a long time in the planning and I have walked around and worked in this kitchen in my head for months! However we still have a couple of minor concerns...
The units to the left and right of the ovens - following other comments on similar kitchen design posts here (I am trying to learn from the collective wealth of knowledge!) - it would be desirable to have a worktop directly next to the oven - hot dish out of oven straight onto flat surface without taking a step type thing. However that kills the symmetry of the oven ‘block’ if we take out the (albeit shortened) narrow pull out shelves. I wonder instead about open shelves that wrap around from the right of the window to the left of the ovens. But then what to do on the right of the ovens? It might look odd either with or without a unit.

My ideal kitchen style is clear surfaces and everything in its place. The reality is clutterlicious! And in fact I don’t want it to look too clinical.

The design software doesn’t show the slab doors we have chosen - so the images aren’t perfect.

#scratchinghead #brainfug

Thanks in advance for any smart ideas!

Comments (23)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.