cullenswood

Redesigning kitchen

Clerkster Clerkster
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi,

We are reversing this room so the kitchen will be at the top of the room and the dining area will be in the foreground.

It's a long narrow room and this is our rough plan (below). The last unit comes as far as the 2nd row of tiles on the lino floor.

Points to note...

- Our fridge has to stay in that corner as no other place to put it.

- Next to it is the dishwasher.

- We are keeping the sink/drainer unit and going to add that into the new worktop.

- Also the extractor fan pipe is going to run along the top of the unit and out the exterior wall above the fridge.

Our problem is...

- we don't think we have enough worktop space (drawing doesn't reflect that there should be half a cabinet space of worktop betw the sink and oven).

- we had wanted to make the last unit a breakfast bar but it would lead to a) eat too far into the dining area, b) wouldn't be able to open cabinet next to drawers so would have to put doors on the outer side of the cabinets.

- no division between kitchen and dining room area.

Possible solution...

- We could possibly put some units / worktop space behind the door (on the wall opp units).

Has anyone any advice please?

thanks!

Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.