kimdee24

What is going on here? More shower troubles. WTH!

kimdee24
10 years ago
Another problem in my barely one-year-old shower.

It looks... like they have siliconed over top of the grout in my shower where it meets the fiberglass shower pan. And it appears that the silicone is failing. Which leads me to believe that moisture is getting behind it and causing it to fail... (not to mention the giant grout line, next to the tiny grout line). Grrrr.

This worries me... because they've already come and rebuilt a good portion of this shower, and this is kind of how it started the last time. The history on this is that my builder used 'green drywall" and "green waterproofing roll-on membrane". I wasn't happy about it, but it was done before I could stop them, and I said it would leak... and it did. They came back, ripped out the tile on the pony wall and part of another wall (this time they used Kerdi-board in the repair spots, which is great). However, this new problem is on the opposite wall which they didn't repair.

I guess my question is, what is causing this, and what needs to happen? I'm just trying to get an idea of what I need to say to the builder when I call them about this.... AGAIN.

My impulse is to tell them to come and tear this whole thing out and do it right like they should've done in the first place.

I'm so mad. Advice, help or liquor appreciated.

Comments (34)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.