ruthy_ferguson

Victorian Semi ground floor plan - help

Ruthy
4 years ago

Hi - we live in a Victorian semi are planning our downstairs layout. I've shown the existing floor plan so you can see what we're working with. We were originally going to put crittal in and close off the front living space, then open up the rest for a big open plan kitchen/dining area (loo under stairs), but we've come to the realisation we really could do with a play room as we lack storage or anywhere to keep toys.

Depending on costs, we may extend out a bit further which gives us more space to play with, but i guess what i'm asking for, is help on where a good place to put a play room?! And how we could make the dining/kitchen space work?

We plan to have bifolds opening to the garden and a loo under the stairs, so guess where the existing bathroom makes sense, but we don't really want to have the dining room too cut off from the kitchen as it has no natural light and at present is just a walk through room (we considered putting crittal windows into the play room?! - but is somewhere else better.

Thank you for getting this far!!! All ideas welcome :)

Comments (17)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.