allisonbunin

Exterior door/shutters dilemma!

Ally Bunin
5 years ago
Hello,
Our front door is being replaced which is my chance to make a nice change to our exterior. I've been back and forth on the color of the door and shutters. I've used photoshop to envision black or white. The dilemma is our siding is cream/on the yellow side and we are not painting it or replacing it (even though I don't love the color). We have a brown roof, red brick, cream siding...to me, black door and shutters would have been nice BUT doesn't go well with the brown roof. Therefore we chose all white - a white door with white sidelites, and white bratton shutters. The idea is to extend the look of the shite window trim, match the garage and brighten. We felt the black was a bit too jarring. That being said, a realtor friend came over and said white is all wrong and now we're worried. Please weigh in! Appreciate your thoughts. Photos show my MOCK-UP of black and white. The other photos show different angles and lights. PS- everything was already ordered but there's a 50/50 chance we can change to black if we needed to. Would love to put my mind at rest.
white door, white shutters
black door, white trim, black shutters

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.