deemcgmvb

How to improve this exterior?

deemcgmvb
9 years ago
Hi all, I'm new to Houzz but loving it. We are in the process of buying our first house right now, a very exciting process! The house is pretty nice on the inside, but the outside to me is quite dull. I feel like a couple of small changes could make a big difference to it...it's just deciding what!

I've attached a pic of the front for you. The next few are a couple of pics of exteriors I really like, but I'd be open to any suggestions!

The main issue to me is that I don't think the color of the wood on the doors and windows really go. Would a different wood stain look better, or do you think cream or a light greenish colour would suit?
I also think the gravel is too "grey" , maybe a yellowy type of gravel might look better? I will also be ripping out that miserable bush and hopefully doing something a little bit nicer with the garden - or that is the idealistic plan - I've never done any gardening before so I might be biting off more than I can chew!!

What do you guys think I can do to improve on what's there?

(location - ireland)

Comments (22)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.