valtex

Buying solid surface or Granite Countertops

valtex
10 years ago
Searched a few articles, but did not find the information I am seeking. Exactly how does this process work? I have been told "you must buy a whole slab" for both granite and quartz. If this is true, how do the remnants occur? Does the fabricator keep what is left over? Also, my cabinet maker prefers a certain fabricator who favors a certain supplier. Am I bound to use these two sources? If not how should I handle the situation? We are starting our remodel with a master bath and really wanted Cambria quartz, but the countertop will only use 20 sq ft. What would become of the rest of the slab? Found some granite, both a small slab as well as a remnant at two different suppliers, but is this rude to my cabinet person? As you see, I need a countertop 101 course as to the buying process in detail. Thanks in advance for any explanations.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.