jeanzbeanz

Walk through dressing area

Gina Anderson
5 years ago

I've posted about this area before, and hoping to get some more advice on how to use it! I really wanted a separate dressing room but we couldn't make it work without compromising elsewhere, so went with this walk through dressing area. I had thought I'd have built in cupboards (highlighted yellow) , but the area has a (very high!) vaulted ceiling and I feel like they might look a bit odd. My husband was keen to build in cupboards right to the ceiling, but they would be SO tall, and might make the walk through area feel rather enclosed. I'm wondering about putting a curtain rail and curtain on each side so that I can just put really functional rails / racking behind to make the most of the space. But would this look like a shop changing room?! Should I put a curtain on one side and a cool piece of furniture the other side? Or standard depth built in cupboards?

The left had side is 146cm wide x 62 deep
The right hand side is 124cm wide x 120 deep.

Would love some ideas.

We do have some storage in the bedroom too, but this is our only hanging space.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.