trishnunan

Need help picking backsplash tiles and wall paint colours

Trish Nunan
7 years ago
I have recently renovated my kitchen with IKEA Applad cabinets, IKEA dark walnut worktop and stainless steel appliances. I have 'smoked oak' wood laminate flooring. My kitchen is part of a large kitchen/dining/family room as the attached images show.

Basically, I'm looking for idea regarding tiles for my backsplash and for wall colour throughout the room. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• Jeannie Nguyen
    7 years ago
    Hi there! I found an Ideabook that might help you decide on a backsplash:
    https://www.houzz.com/magazine/choosing-a-backsplash-whats-your-personality-type-stsetivw-vs~332358
    Trish Nunan thanked Jeannie Nguyen
    Best Answer
  • shadon
    7 years ago
    I love white subway tiles, but now they come in diff colors or colored grout. The black one in above mentioned idea book would be nice
  • shadon
    7 years ago
    Alos if you can add a moulding on top of cupboards they look to plain and unfinished
    Trish Nunan thanked shadon
  • missconstruction
    6 years ago
    Have you seen the recycled glass splashback from Bottle Alley Glass? They look stunning, i want one when i get my kitchen finished!
  • Tammy Tate Kammerer
    6 years ago
    What about tiling the whole stove wall, the window wall to the top of the window and the little counter backsplash. It would be stunning. Paint little bit of wall on top. Could go bold red to pull from other rooms or a tan or cream.
    Trish Nunan thanked Tammy Tate Kammerer
  • Tammy Tate Kammerer
    6 years ago
    Metal subway tile. My girlfriend just did this, very sharp looking
    Trish Nunan thanked Tammy Tate Kammerer
  • PRO
    N.O.R,LLC
    6 years ago
    I like your colors in living room and dinning area,your counter top give s you that fine look of modern transitional look,I would say if you choose any glass or blend color for your backsplash then you get that emphasize from your counter and your cabinet,you have green ton if I was you i would go more toward white ,I did for my client just one wall backsplash and the rest pain and it turn really nice or on you case,i REALLY LIKE THE FINE LINE OF YOUR KITCHEN,
    Trish Nunan thanked N.O.R,LLC
  • Trish Nunan
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you for your suggestions and ideas! I love some of the more daring/colourful ideas, but I don't think I'm, personally, bold enough to go with such a contemporary look. I'm going to stick to a traditional/modern style and use large (4" x 8") white subway tiles and dark grey grout. I'm thinking of using a dark grey paint around the kitchen walls and then a lighter shade around the rest of the room, with maybe the dark grey on the wall behind the TV too. Will be a few more weeks before that's all done, but I'll post a picture when I eventually get there. Thanks again!
  • PRO
    Granite Transformations
    6 years ago
    I like the green paint that is in the living space, something slightly softer could be a good fit to paint throughout.

As for tile, I know you said white subway. You could do something like our pearl or noir subway. It's traditional but will provide a little more of a pop than the white. You can see them here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/mosaic-tiles/colors/subway/

Hope this helps, good luck!
Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.