kavanaghc

I really need help with kitchen layout, all advice welcome!

kavanaghc
6 years ago

Hello, I am hoping someone on here can help me out with this kitchen as it is just a puzzle I just cannot solve. Every night I wake up and think aha, but then I get up with my measuring tape and it just doesn't work.

Our kitchen diner at present does not have enough cabinets, we are a family of 5 and are really struggling with space. Everything is crammed in together and we have no counter space. The table is jammed against the wall and there is no room. We really need a new kitchen but I'm afraid of making a mistake and ending up with just what we have now, turned a different way! I don't need anything fancy, just somewhere I can have my family comfortably around a table and have space to cook a nice meal.

I have had an architect look at it, and she came up with a great solution but unfortunately it is going to cost way way too much and the building work will take 2 months so there is no way we can do. (Sorry for the long post here I just wanted to explain)

So the kitchen at present has 6 (yes 6) doors into it. 2 double doors from the sitting room, 2 double doors out to the garden and 2 other doors.

The total size of the room is 3270 x 6600, its a rectangular shape but very narrow. We can could probably afford a very small extension.

My husband is absolutely insisting on double doors out the garden, but I'm open to absolutely any solutions and would be most grateful for any advice or ideas at all.

(Please excuse my poor drawings, this is my first post)

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.