helsamer

Kitchen Design - How to become a great designer?

MERRICK DESIGNS
6 years ago

All,

Looking for advice from those who work in Kitchen Design.

I recently finished my studies and am qualified Interior Designer (Higher Diploma BTEC). I am currently working at Kitchen Design Showroom. I was hired specifically do 3D Kitchen Renders / Presentation Packs / Face to Face presentation of proposed design to clients etc.

I really love kitchens design and even though I am qualified designer, my course emphasis was Commercial Design (Hospitality / Retail outlets). I feel I have a lot to learn in order to feel confident to design kitchens (logical next step).

Can anyone recommend good go to resources for Kitchen Designers - books, links? Am I best off learning on the job or do people think it would be worth doing a follow on Diploma specifically in Kitchen Design?

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.