webuser_635831

need exterior color ideas - overwhelmed!

Hello! I am a first time homeowner and the house is in desperate need of paint (not only aesthetically, but the wood needs a good seal). I am at a loss for color!

The house is ranch style, built in the 80s and it looks that way. Currently it is beige with pink trim (a lot of trim), a sandy brown roof and offwhite limestone (w/ a big white garage facing the street).

I would like to update the colors (to at least give the appearance that the house is modern). I was thinking painting the house with a modern style medium grey but not sure what to do about the trim. I would like to keep it in the neutral range as our neighborhood is pretty tame (there are earthy blues/greens/yellows as well as white/tan/grey/brown). I was thinking doing a fun funky color for the door.

I am open to all ideas! Trying to figure out something that works with the limestone and the tan roof is proving difficult for me! Please help!

Thanks in advance!!
Jen

Comments (23)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.